Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday afternoon 6/15/2011

She has played catch up on sleep today didn't sleep much the Tuesday night and very little if any Wednesday during the day.  Her fever is back. However not as high and none of the cultures they have drawn everyday for over a week are growing anything. We kind of think the fevers are medication induced and/or the way her body is dealing with all the stress it is under. She had another pic line put in yesterday because the other one was 3 weeks old and if you leave them in too long the risk for infection increases. We have come down on the ventilator settings. The best news of all she actually has ribs on the right side. I say this because all the x-rays up until this morning you have not been able to see but a few of her ribs on this side. This morning we could see all of them. she still has fluid but there is a huge improvement.

We want to again take the time to thank everyone for their prayers for her and us.They are greatly appreciated. On another side note, A huge thank you to all who have provided food and are providing food for Keith while he is back in Crawfordville working and waiting.  That is such a blessing to me knowing he is eating something besides cereal for dinner. 


2 comments:

Daddy said...

Cereal isn't all that bad for dinner especially when its Cap 'N Crunch!

Give my sweetheart a big 'ol sloppy kiss for me and be sure to tell her that Daddy loves her and I will be there as soon as I can on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Rachel is on my mind, in my heart, and in my prayers. Thank you for keeping us up to date on how she is doing. Love, Sharon and Bill